Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My dad ... the pirate?

For over a week now my dad has been seeing double, which makes him nauseous and gives him a really bad headache. The doctor said that he has what is called "Fourth Nerve Paralysis" which means that the coating of the fourth nerve that goes to his eye has unraveled. It will ravel itself back up and he'll be fine in 6 - 8 weeks, but until then there's nothing they can do about it. To help with the double vision my dad has been wearing a patch over his right eye (thus the pirate reference in the title). The patch seems to be helping, but he's still in a lot of pain and can't move around too much without feeling sick to his stomach.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh that's so sad! I'm sorry. I pray that he feels better soon!!!

Jenn said...

that really stinks. i will be praying for a fast recovery.