Friday, September 4, 2009

Two months later ...

I'm all done school!! Practicum 2 is over (I had a blast with the children, but I'm not supposed to post pictures of them - sorry) and I have my official associates' degree. Yay!! I'll be starting school in January for my Bachelors', which I'm actually excited for now instead of dreading.

I resigned from my job as church secretary at the end of August so that I could start working in my field. Unfortunately, the job that I had fell through. Thankfully, the church hadn't found anyone to replace me yet so I'm still here until I get a job in my field or they find someone else to do my job. Please pray that I get a job in my field quickly - I really want to start gaining experience and spending my days with children instead of at the computer.

My dad's eyes are completely healed from the cataract surgery. There were absolutely no complications and he's been able to see much better now. Praise God!

As of this Sunday I am taking over as Nursery Director of our church. Aahh!! I'm not sure I'm quite prepared for the responsibility of it all, but God is faithful and I believe He's asking me to do this. The more I get into it the more work I realize it is, but I have a very qualified Nursery Administrator (Haley W.) to help me and, as Pastor Mark keeps reminding me, I went to school for this.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

The nursery looks great! You both are perfect for the job!! : )

Anonymous said...

That's my girl. So creative! Your site looks great and I love the way you write.
Love, Mom