Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Green Painted Jeans

I started my student teaching last week and I am LOVING every minute of it!!! The classroom I'm in is Pre-K (so 4&5 year-olds). Their teacher is awesome and we have so much fun everyday!! One of the big things we do in the classroom is open ended art projects. Which basically means that Ms. Carolyn (the teacher I'm working with) puts out a certain medium (usually paint) and a specific kind of paper (dinosaur shaped paper, wax paper, construction paper, etc...) and then lets the kids do what they want. There is no right or wrong and they can even use their hands if they so desire. For some reason unknown to me they are all loving green. Green paint, green bingo dotters, green markers. They're having a blast with the green, and I've gotten it on two pairs of jeans now. I actually like that idea - I feel a little more like a real teacher.

They're my badges of honor - green painted jeans. :)

1 comment:

Cait said...

I love how you love that...most people would freak out that their clothes got ruined. You're a true teacher!!! :)

ps - I'm so proud of you!