Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I just love to update you all ...

I know, I know, every time I post I have a billion things to say. That's just how it is right now. :)

First and most urgently: My mom's father is dying. He's had heart problems for years and fought through numerous near death illnesses, but as far as we can tell this is the end. He has pneumonia in both lungs and has stopped eating. This is the first time he seems to have given up and that's why we think it's the end. My mom is in Florida with him now. We just pray that the Good News he's heard so many times will really sink in before he takes his last breath.

I got my first official illness from my practicum kids last week: conjunctivitis. I've had it before and I knew I had it right away, but when I called my doctor for the drops (they've just sent me a prescription for them before) they said I had to come in to be seen. That was on Wednesday. They couldn't see me till Friday morning. Which meant that I was contagious till Saturday morning. That's a lot of days of not doing anything! Of course I didn't use that time wisely so I still have a mountain of school work to get done. One of these days I'll learn.

Nick and Marci are married!!! I didn't get to go to the wedding (like I said before - family only), but I did get to see some great pictures. Here's one of them (stolen from Marci):

The last news we heard is that Nick isn't leaving for Afghanistan until April.

Haley's back to normal now (except that she's avoiding lactose - doctor's orders) and is in Israel right now. She and 24 other people from our church (including Pastor Mark and Terry) are there on a ten day tour. They left yesterday and they'll be back next Wednesday. We all think they're a little crazy considering the war that's going on over there, but the tour people claim that they won't be anywhere near Gaza and they'll be perfectly safe. I'm still a little worried.

I guess that's all I have to say. I felt like there was more, but apparently not. Tune in soon to hear all about my amazing 21st birthday! :)

No comments: