Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I graduated!!!!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009, I graduated with an associates degree in Early Childhood Education from Mt. Wachusett Community College. I have been working on getting this degree for 3 years instead of the usual 2 in an effort to not go into debt. And it worked - I'm debt free!! :) I'm not quite done with the degree though. I still have one more Practicum to do. I'm working at it right now though and should be done by mid-July. I'm so excited!!! Next step will probably be working towards a bachelor degree because they're eventually going to be required. One step at a time though.
Walking into the "auditorium" (otherwise known as a gym).
Some of the people that came out to support me - thank you guys!! :)

There it is - my empty diploma cover. Good thing it didn't have the diploma in it because it would have been misspelled - when they called me up they said "Christina E. Salliby" Definitely not my name. Oh well though - the actual diploma should be right.


After party at my house - cake and ice cream and lots of fun. (Caitlin left for Cyprus at 4 the next morning, but she still hung out with us - she loves me.)

My parents couldn't hang out after the graduation, so we had the official parent/graduate picture at the house after. I couldn't have gotten this diploma without them - I have the best parents in the world!

My graduation gift from my parents - internet access for my laptop!

The after after party - we all headed to Mack and Marci's house when my dad kicked us out because he wanted to go to bed.

I'm so excited I graduated!!!

3 comments:

The Marklund's said...

YAY!! :)

Judy said...

Congrats!! Very exciting! I'm so proud of you for the "debt free" part. It's so wise to try not to go into debt. I am still paying on a student loan and I graduated in 2000. It took us 5 years to pay off Ryan's b/c it was huge and now we're working on mine which is hard since I'm a SAHM. But an education is so worth it! Keep going and get that Bachelors!!!

Amy said...

I'm so very proud of you for what you've accomplished!! You've had a lot of challenges, and you've persevered and overcome!! I love you little sister and it thrills my heart to see you in that cap and gown! I agree with Judy....keep going and get that Bachelor's degree. The more education, the better!!