Friday, June 12, 2009

My Last Day with the New Loves of my Life (aka - Practicum 1 is over)

*I had to take the pictures out of this post for safety reasons. All notes written in red are descriptions of what the pictures were*
My first student teaching experience is complete. Three months of spending three mornings a week with the same kids is over. :( [It was actually over in May, but I'm not that caught up yet]. I learned a lot and grew to really love these kids. I'm going to miss them so much! Here's a peek into a morning spent in Pre-K at BCDC:
*children reading in a small tent*
Hanging out in the tent during free play.
*two little girls at the art table - gluing shapes to a paper plate*
Art time - not too many kids interested that day, which is unusual for this classroom.
*a little girl reading a book, wearing a basket as a hat*
Reading in "the one person area" during free play (notice the basket on her head).
*teacher and children lined up, holding onto a rope*
Headed out for a walk (my place was always in the back of the line).
*children on the swings - flying high*
Swinging. I lost track of how many times I heard, "Ms. Christine! Can you push me?"
*many children on a climber, including one that is perched at the top*
The little guys sitting at the top? He's not supposed to be up there.
*a little boy in a hooded sweatshirt (with the hood up), a jean jacket, a baseball cap and sunglasses*
He's afraid of bugs.
*teacher and little boy looking at an I-Spy book*
Indoor quiet time after being outside for so long.
*picture of the whole class plus one*
Me, my cooperating teacher Ms. Carolyn, and the Pre-K class (the little guy in the orange shirt at the end is not actually in the class - he just snuck into the picture).

No comments: