Friday, November 26, 2010

Anyone else shop early today?

So the plan was to go to Target at 2 in the morning and wait in line and then go to the mall when we were done there. That turned into going just to the mall at 4 when they opened. Then we decided to leave the house at 5ish because we hadn't gotten much sleep. We actually left the house at 6:15ish, but who's keeping track? :) The good thing is that we weren't really looking for anything specific, we were just going for the experience. And you know what? The experience wasn't really that spectacular. I mean, it was a lot of fun, but I guess I was expecting giant sales. I think I'm just bad at looking for sales. :) It was fun anyway and shopping together made it even better! Afterwards we had breakfast at this excellent diner that had all kinds of specialty pancakes. Delicious!! I'm so thankful I got to spend time just hanging out with the girls today. :)

I could tell that people were praying for my mom and I yesterday (Thanksgiving) because we actually were able to enjoy our holiday. We missed my dad, but it was still a good day. I was missing him a lot while dinner was being prepared because in the past I would hang out with my mom and aunt in the kitchen for a while and then go sit with my daddy and uncle while they watched the game and then go back and forth again. This year I left the kitchen to go sit in the living room and realized that my daddy wasn't there to sit with. That was the saddest part of the day. But I am thankful that my daddy had the happiest Thanksgiving he's ever had up in Heaven with his Savior. He didn't feel sick or tired all day :)

I hope you all had wonderful Thanksgivings! And if you went black Friday shopping I hope you found lots of good deals! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear!

I love, absolutely love your blog. The site design is fantastic and let's just talk about the brillant title - it works better for you than it ever did for the show, I contend! LOL

I am glad you slept in "technically" instead of shopping at 3am! All in all though, it sounded like a wonderful day and I am so glad you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving. You are blessing and a joy!

Love,
Jite

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for writing this, it was unbelieveably informative and told me a ton.