Monday, November 22, 2010

Flawed

I've re-done my blog in an effort to make it a place that I can share my journey. Truly share it. I've come to an understanding in my life that I am not a very open person when it comes to the big stuff. Growing up I thought being a good Christian meant being perfect. Naturally that led me to leading a life that looked as perfect as I could make it look on the outside, but inside I was far from perfect. I had (and still have) all kinds of flaws and failings, but I had no idea how to reconcile those to the image that everyone had of me and I was scared to get help because sharing those flaws would mean that people wouldn't think I was a perfect Christian anymore. And that had become my identity. I was stuck.

But then I realized (through multiple teachings that God placed in my life) that being a good Christian is not about being perfect. It's about being humble and willing to be used in whatever way the Lord chooses. A big part of being humble is being open, honest and transparent - something that I have struggled at even attempting for so long. So that's what this blog is - my attempt at being open, honest and transparent. My attempt to show that i am not a perfect Christian, I'm not even a very good Christian. My attempt to show that God is the only one who can perfect me and make me more like His Son.

Can't wait to see what God is going to do!

1 comment:

Danielle Kraemer said...

christine,

i just want to say that we are all NOT perfect, and last sunday at ny church, that was the sermon..how to except our flaws.. and to realize that those flaws are a gift! he did his teaching on 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 where it show how paul had cried out to god three times, because of the 'thorn in his flesh' and God told paul that "my grace is suffient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." and to look at our flaws as a gift, means that we are looking unto him so he can make us stronger. so dont lose site of those flaws, because Gods power is made perfect in our weaknesses.


love you!