Friday, December 31, 2010

"His Banner Over Me Is Love"

I had a revelation today. Well, it started yesterday and as I was thinking about it today I realized how true it is. God loves me. Really, really loves me. Loves me enough to let me go through hard things in order to become a better me. That may not sound that great to you, but it really is. Think about it - if you love a child and you have to discipline him it's hard because it hurts you to see him suffer. But the alternative is allowing him to go undisciplined and never mature. God loves me enough to suffer through watching me hurting because He knows it's what is best for me. He knows I'll come out stronger in the end.

This revelation came while singing the kid's song "His Banner Over Me is Love" with my mom in the car on the way home from the airport. If you've never heard it you should look it up. This video was the only one I could find that was the right version of the song (you know how churches change songs to fit what they're doing/teaching). It's a simple song, but the words are beautiful.

No comments: