Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Personalized Travel Mug ...

I was just on facebook looking through my old profile pics (I'm procrastinating going to sleep - had some bad dreams last night) and I came across this one. The travel mug that I am holding is one that has an insert that you decorate and then put back in. I was actually very proud of that mug. I used it as a conversation starter when I was in college. Unfortunately I lost it. For some reason looking at this picture and realizing I no longer have that mug made me really sad. I think it's the knowledge that that mug was part of a life that I am no longer living. In this picture I'm meeting a big group of my friends in the church parking lot so we can carpool to the T station and head into Boston. We rarely do that anymore. And when we do it's just different. Different isn't always bad and I happen to really like the life I'm living right now, but in this moment looking at the memory of that moment, I am sad.

No comments: