Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A little note from Florida ...

Hello all! I'm visiting my Grammy in Florida today and guess what? It was 30 degrees this morning! That's right - Florida and 30 degrees in the same sentence. Yikes! Oh well, at least I missed all the snow at home. Plus it's already up to the 40s now so I can't really complain. :)

I just wanted to take a moment to express how awesome my God is! I thought that this week was going to be very hard for me. It's our first Christmas season without my daddy plus the 26th was the 11 month anniversary of his death. I was so afraid that there was going to be lots of crying and sadness and that Christmas would turn into a draining experience this year instead of the uplifting experience it usually is. But guess what? God is amazing and my mom and I had a great Christmas! There were no tears this holiday season. Even visiting my Pepe's grave on Christmas day didn't turn on the waterworks. (It was sad to remember that he's gone, but it was nice to see where he was buried since I hadn't come to the funeral because one of us had to stay home and take care of my dad.) All in all we had a wonderful time and I am so thankful that God helped us stay positive. :)

No comments: