Sunday, February 20, 2011

How God is beginning to teach me to be joyful ...

I just need to start off by saying that my God is faithful! Even when I am not faithful to Him and I fail - He is still faithful. He is right there waiting to pick me back up and help me start again. I am so incredibly grateful for His unending love!!

My last post was about the overall lack of joy in my life, something that I had been struggling with for a while. Well, God is amazing and has brought about some wonderful things from that blog post (and the subsequent prayer times). For one thing - through a comment made on my last post (thanks Judy!) and a verse given to me during my quiet time I have come to understand that in order to be joyful I must rejoice in my salvation and praise my Savior (interesting that I just posted about a sermon I heard on praise ... God works everything together). This is something I've begun to work on more diligently - praising God through the good and the bad. Telling God how fantastic He is while I'm driving to work and thinking about all the wonderful things He's done for me while I'm falling asleep. I can feel God slowly filling my joyfulness tank :)

An amazing friend of mine (who also happens to be a marvelous mentor) posted a sermon on my facebook page after reading my last blog (still haven't watched it yet - I should get on that) and another wonderful woman in my life saw it and decided to read my blog as well. I've been talking to her about joy and God since then and I can tell something awesome is going to come out of this "new" connection. I can't wait to see what God will do!!

I have a tiny (in length) testimony to share: A close friend of mine has begun digging into prayer and what it means and how God uses it to work in our lives. Last night she sent up a quick prayer for something that she needed God to do. This morning God answered her over and abundantly. He is so faithful to teach us! Praise the Lord!! :)

No comments: