Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Once again, I'm up way later than I want to be

It's like the computer sucks me in! I'm headed to bed at 10 o'clock and then it's, "let me check my facebook real quick" followed by 2 hours of blog reading and mindless web surfing. Seriously! How does the computer do that??

Anyway ... since I'm on already I thought I'd update you all on the "Life Overhaul" progress. It's slow. Because I pretty much lost all of my motivation very quickly. But last night and tonight I've made myself work on downsizing. I finally admitted to myself that my room is always a mess because I have too much junk. The thing is I've already downsized at least twice since moving in. How does one person accumulate so much stuff?? A lot of it is scrapbooking supplies for my hobby of collecting scrapbooking supplies (really - I very rarely scrapbook) so the past two nights I've been sorting through that. Yes it took two nights. And I'm still not done. I'll have to post some pictures of the stuff I'm getting rid of. There's a lot of it!

My mom did some downsizing tonight too. There are bags all over our living room as proof that we were both trying hard to get rid of stuff (the bags are of the stuff we're giving away, in case you were wondering what bags had to do with anything). The poor woman is trying to get rid of some of the stuff we kept from my dad, but I'm being very reluctant. Maybe I should just pick a few meaningful things and let her donate the rest. ... I'll work on that.

Now I am truly going to turn off the computer and GO TO BED! Hope you all have a great day!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm proud of you! Getting rid of stuff is not easy. Don't give up!

You should totally watch the TV show Hoarders. http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/. I've only seen a couple episodes. But if you are lacking motivation, this show will help you get it back REALLY fast!