Monday, February 21, 2011

My Heart's Desire

It is way late and I should have been in bed hours ago, but instead I've been reading a very inspirational blog about a family that has 10 children (more than half of them are adopted). It's amazing what God has done and continues to do in this family! They have had a lot of tragedy and illness in their lives, but through it all they have been faithful to the Lord and continue to say that He is blessing them and loving them in supernatural ways.

I think the reason I love reading this blog so much is because that's what I want - a giant family made up of biological and adopted children. I want my house to be filled with giggles and love and organized chaos. I want to rescue orphans and give them love, a family and the knowledge of the wonderful God that created them. I want to get no sleep because I'm taking care of children, not because I'm reading about somebody that does (I know, I know - it's my own fault). I want to partner with a godly man to raise warriors for Christ. Warriors that will have a heart for the "least of these".

That's what I want. It might not be what I get (which will be ok too - God's ways are always higher), but it's what I want.

No comments: